Monday, July 26, 2010

July Flood!

July 23-24, 2010
We had two nights all nights of
thunder boomers and flashes!
It was so scary!!
Momma sat up with me all night both nights.
When it was all over they say somewhere between
11-14 inches of rain fell.

Most all the roads around are flooded and closed
because our river winds in and thru town
with lots of large creeks feeding them.
All are over the banks.
Lots of businesses on the south side of town
under water. :(
WE took pictures of just around our house.
You can see them here..
www.huntyr.com/2010JulyFlood.htm

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh friend. Dat is terrible. I'm sure in person, it looks even worse. So very happy you didn't get more damage than you did - that was bad enough. I hope no more rain for you for a month. You don't need it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hope you don't get anymore rain, dat is so sceery , rain an Thunder!! so glad tou an your family is ok HUGsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glads dat u iz ok. sawry dat dem waters wuz bad n sneaked up on u like dat!

    ReplyDelete